Monday, October 17, 2011

Departures

Dearest folks, good to be back so soon. If only i could be more hardworking in my studies...then life would be so much easier :P Well, before i sign in to this blog, i ve already planned to write this and that. Yet, the minute i set my hands onto the keyboard, i lost track on what i am suppose to write. Sigh, i agreed with what my friend told me, that we shouldn't plan our lives. Let it be impromptu.

I was watching "Departures" just now. This is one of the most famous and well-known movie in Japan. I remembered last year around this time, i was attending a Japanese Festival in Perth where they chose 5 of the most popular movies in Japan. Departures was one of the chosen ones. I wanted to watch it but it clashed with my busy schedule...and also i was hesitating because i read the story outline and realized that this movie has something to do with deceased. Okay fine..i admit that i am a coward and i am not a brave person. I dislike something scary or horror. Most of the time, i tries to watch horror films but always ended up screaming or covering my eye throughout the whole movie. Maybe i would watch it if a gang of people would accompany me :)

Back to the topic, being a media student, we were encouraged to watch various genres of movies. Our lecturer specifically recommended us to watch "Departures". I don't want to but she begged us to. And then, i decided that it must be God's will, because i missed it last year. To my surprise, i find myself actually enjoying the whole movie. There is a lesson to be learnt. I won't say it. JUST WATCH IT!! I was so touched T.T!! Truly, as a media student, i need to appreciate the beauty of arts :)

Thank you Father for giving me the courage to watch this movie. And thanks for such a beautiful day filled with laughters and excitements :) You are awesome...

No comments: