Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Sitting and reminiscing

Hi World :) It is New Year Day 3. So far, everything has been pretty exciting. You just had to wait patiently for me to upload those pictures and i am not going to do it until i goes back to JB. Or to be exact, until i collect them all. I am someone who loves to record every single details of my life. Sort of like a "Memory Keeper". I met a pair of couple during my Korea trip in year 2009, and they just wouldn't stop taking pictures of Kelnice and myself even though we just met each other. Out of curiosity, i asked them why. And he spoke to me gently "You know, when you are in old age, there is nothing but photos to help you to recall everything. People might not believe what you say or you don't even remember anything. But at the end of the day, the photos which you have taken is your one and only evidence". And they urged me to take as many pictures as i can :) How i misses them....
 I found it to be true. Now that i am back from Perth, the only thing i can do to reminisce whatever memories i had there is to browse through all the pictures i took there. I just loved looking at those pictures my friends tagged me in. Look at the picture above, that was my first photo shoot by Raphy :) I was a really shy girl at that time and i really couldn't smile to the camera. And hence all the comments given to me is to smile more :)  He was planning to capture the loneliness and peace of a girl reading the bible. And there i am sitting on the green grass, finding my relationship with God :) A good memory for me which makes me think i need to hire a personal photographer to capture my whole life for me :) PS: Maybe i should really consider hiring one.

Sometimes, reminiscing over the past and recalling all those ups and downs, failures and obstacles doesn't mean that i can't move on. You just got to remember that those were the reasons why you are shaped into who you are today. Those were the reasons why you are able to move on to become a stronger person. Those days when i am not familiar with the beloved zone yet, i always thought how i wish i could stay back in JB with my Mommy and Daddy, and without having to overcome my shyness and the lack of confident in me.  When i have to make that dreadful decision to come back, i felt so unwilling and extraordinary pain because i know the minute i touched down JB, i have got to stand alone, leaving my comfort zone and to face the reality that i can only can viral supports from my family in Perth. That's when i realized, a person should not only hope to remain at the same stage and pace all the time. You just need to move on when your time is up :) And my God did help me to overcome that "impossible" within me...
When i think i don't have the strength to do something, God always proves me wrong. He somehow always manage to encourage me through someone. The best key to unlock all your obstacles is to "Let go".   My definition of "Let go" is not to encourage you to let go completely and not to think of it anymore. It is just that sometimes we just got to accept the fact that we can't go back to the past and things will never be the same again. Instead of dwelling in the past and being caught in the cage, why not we just set ourselves free and fly out of our comfort zone using our own wings? Jesus set me free by dying for me on the cross, and likewise, i also got to set myself free by flying out from the past. Sometimes, i could even use my own wings and to fly back to the past to see how much i've grown :)

:) I am free....

No comments: