Wednesday, July 22, 2009

University Technology Malaysia aka UTM

Hey yo folks...i am back once more. I have been sticking to my promise ya..."A post a day". I don't know how long can it last. It just happened that i have something to post. I may not be that lucky next time. Look at the brochures above...it shows UTM. What is UTM? Obviously it stands for University Technology Malaysia. The largest university in Johor Bahru and located at Taman University. Well...Mum went to FMM to submit some documents and Ms Sim invited us to join her tour to UTM. Mum agreed so she signed up for both me and dad. So yesterday, we spend half of our day joining the tour.
This is the seminar room. I almost fall asleep inside for FIRST, i did not bring my spectacle so i couldn't see the screen well. SECOND, i hate talks. It was too boring for me. They asked each of us to introduce ourselves, where we are from and what are we doing there. Well, mum and dad has already told them that we are from Chin Hong. So when it reaches my turn, i just say "Hi I am Viola and this is my mother, Jenny. I am the representative from Chin Hong". How everyone laughed. And my mum said why the hell i need to mention her. Haha...for fun of course. Well, at leasta lot of people laughed instead of staring at me blindly. After a most hard-to-understand talk, we had a break. I didn't eat or drink anything of course. People, i am on diet again.

We proceed to the machinery room after our tea-break. The professor, Mr Fabio (Italy) brought us to a room where students invented some cool machine. Well, ignore my terrible eye bags. It was just a sign to tell you guys that the room smell awful. I just can't stand the unpleasant smell. And hence....my very displeased look.

These people were crowding there. SO i can't even get a glimpse of what the people are doing inside.
Students invented machines and trying out if it works or not in this room. It is their own invention room. We then headed towards a room where we can see the process of Highlighters. Again, too many people were crowding there. So, poor shorty me just can grabbed a few pictures on ther process.
I don't really know what this Aunty is doing. I only know this is the beginning of the process. Can't really explain. Sorry dude..
Ahah...this is where the lid cover of the highlighters were produced. Can you spot the yellow covers?
yeap...this is the final products. All the highlighters were in yellow colour. I only saw them producing yellow colour.Maybe they produce a colour a day. I saw some students wrapping up the highlighters and putting them in a box. I guess it was ready for sale. But i couldn't take any picture of them. It was too obvious...
This is the place where i had the seminar and a short visit to the machinery/Invention room. We took a group picture here but the pictures are not with me.
PS: Forgot to mention that this Biro Perundingan is part of UTM. We are now heading towards the main campus of UTM. Mind you, it was huge and enormous and quite well-equipped.
After several turnings and U-Turns, we finally reached our destination. We are inside the main campus and we are going to visit this building.
What is this?Well, these are perfumes and soaps made by students. This is called "The Fragrance Room". I can see many test tubes and amazing chemicals inside. Plus, this room smells weird and nice.
It looks yummy but these are soaps. Orange soap? Looks so weird. I wonder what is it made of? The professor told us it is not made from palm oil. Maybe it is made of fats. I saw labels...and i guess it is made for hotel users. I can't remember the hotel names though...
It does look like jelly. I wanna bite it..! Next, we headed towards the herbs + machines room. The minute we enter the door, we can smell strong herbs.
Look at my half-sleepy face. I was trying to look natural and tries to take pictures without being seen by others. I guess the others would think i am crazy. Before we enter the herbs room, we are asked to put on this green stuff. According to them, the room is clean. So apparently, if we do not wear this, then we are not allow to enter the room. This is our first stand-inside the herb room. Ewww...i don't dare to take picture of what the blue container contains. Too gross...
This is the machine to produce herbs. Can't imagine how it function for nobody show us how to. Instead, i heard lots of people asking about the function of this machine.
Smell really nice. It is a herb drink. Something like chrysanthenum and yet it is NOT.
Haha..the black pepper. I felt so stupid for taking this picture because i don't even understand what they are talking about. They merely just talked and asked questions but i don't even know what they are talking about. Nevertheless, this is our last stop. Off we go.....i can't wait to take off the green stuff on my leg. It makes me uncomfortable. Off you go..green stuff.
Such a waste of green stuff. We just threw it away. The dustbin is nearly full. I wonder why they don't use it for recycle. Perhaps they were too rich.
Hoho..no wonder they brought us to visit those products in process. So, they do have a place that sold all these products. "Living Active" is the place that sold all the final products. Quite smart of them to come up with this. I didn't buy anything though....i just snapped pictures of those people there. Too squeezy for me....
Finally, we were asked to sat in this room to hear a short talk. The speaker claimed that it was going to be a 5 minutes talk but according to my watch, he used up a full 20 minutes. But mummy said he is a funny speaker. I am not quite sure...!He spoke about "Tongkat Ali".
So this is the end of my short tour to UTM. I enjoyed myself very much. Err...only for the visitting and none for the talks. I just don't like to attend talks and seminars. I would doze off ....!
Ciaozz people, hope you enjoy my journey with me as well...See ya...





















No comments: