Saturday, September 1, 2012

Compass-ION

So many things happened in the month of August, and shame on me to only update it during the month of September.
One of my greatest encounter with God throughout the whole last semester was my team work with the Compass-ION. We were told that Campaign Management is a do or die module. It is either you do it or you fail it. Approximately 12 weeks before "Project Reach 2012", Miss Shalu called me. "Viola, I am sorry but I've come to bring a bad news to you. I have decided to close down your group because one student has move to the night class. And if left only the four of you. You know it is not possible to work a campaign with only 4 pairs of hands in a group. Therefore, I have decided to separate you all and move you all to the other teams in our class. " I was suppose to be allocated to "World Vision". I don't mind because at least I knew somebody whom I used to work before. But who knows, Miss Shalu decided to send me to Compass-ION who will be dealing with the "Bone Marrow Donor Programme". To be honest, I felt so helpless. I am not familiar with ANY ONE of them. They have already begun with their work and have already met up with their client. I felt like a free loader in the group.

As the week goes on, I am closer to the group and I realized, together we can all make a difference. Now, I knew more about the bone marrow and how a cheek swap can make a difference to all leukemia patients. Come on, to find a suitable donor from unrelated person is only 1 in 20000. Why not we take action about it? It is only a cheek swap and it won't even cause you your life!!!

I thanked God that our campaign has successfully won the hearts of many out there. We got the third place and all glory goes to God! Why? Because we PRAYED before our presentation as a team. Hallelujah!!!

No comments: