Wednesday, December 15, 2010

The Life of a Baby- Sitter

I'm on the Top of the World looking down on creation
And the only explanation i can find
Is the love that i found
eversince you been around
Your love put me at the top of the World

Hello peeps, i am back again after hiding away from this blog for two days. I have been procrastinating a lot for this blog post because i really really missed the kids a lot. I want to serve them again T.T!!Two days before i flew back to Malaysia, Steph and i went to baby-sit Christopher, Daylan and Erin. Their house is beautiful and nice. The kids were awesome. They had milions of toys. What i want to say is being a baby sitter is not an easy task. You need to be creative most of the time in order to grab their attention. I wish i have never-ending suppy of ideas flowing to me. Always remember that kids learn fast. So as a baby-sitter, always set a good example and watch what we said =))

I have to admit, i can't really handle babies because i haven't had the chance to take care of babies yet. I guess i got to start training now. To take care of the two little monsters (My Cousin).
 
 Look at cute little Daylan. Wing they all always said i showed favouritism to Little Daylan. Hmm..maybe i really did but i do love ALL the kids. Daylan is always living in his own World and it is really hard to leave him alone =)) Plus he always bombed me with words that will make me go speechless. Look my him, playing with my most most most precious "Black and White" bangles. I believe every kids has different personalities and they behave in different ways. Even though Daylan is rather playful and naughty, but still i know he is a good boy. He will listens to you when you are talking to him. While playing catching with him, he won't hit you or grab you roughly just like how some other kids will. When he cried or throws tantrum, he won't throw stuffs, hit you or even scold you. What's more, he believed in Jesus Christ. That's a very good starting in order to rise up the next generation. He might not pay attention in class. He may cry and struggle in order to run around or to go somewhere......but towards the end, he is a still a good boy whom is being brought up in a very good environment and with the right teaching =)))
 Christopher!!!Wow, before i even serve in Kids Ministry, i have already heard of this famous little boy and his big name =D Why? Because he is so handsome and cute. Most teachers favourite pet. Everyone likes him. Daylan looks exactly like him. Wooo...they make a pair of PERFECT BROTHERS. Let's talk about Christopher. Being his teacher or baby-sitter is not an easy job. First, because he is a smart little boy and he is very knowledgeable. So i have to talk to him in an adult and yet not adult manner. He has EXCELLENT memory. He still remembers me as the "Monster" who wanna eat Daylan =)) Oh no..he calls me MEGATRON. Chris can be really crazy when it comes to "Play Time". He can be really rough but i swear, he is not violent. He was just too into his game. Chris is a very creative boy. He can made up his own games and brief me about. We used to play catching when i was voted as the monster who wants to eat Daylan (because he never finish his food) and he was the catcher. Then he made up the "Water and Fire" game. He is really smart...for he knows that water couldn't be destroy by fire. Besides being playful, Chris is a very caring brother. He knows what his brother and sister's like or dislike and he will tell us about it. For example, "Teacher Viola, Daylan doesn't like to eat porridge?" or "Teacher, Daylan cannot eat too much of snacks!". Chris is a very obedient child. He knows his "Dos" and "Don'ts"!! He will always ask permission before he do anything=)) He is a good boy........
 Let's talk about Little Daylan. Apart from the fact that he always bombed me with his words, i secretly find him really interesting. I realized he likes attention and he wants people to care for him. Whenever i give Chris a ride on the back (Piggy back), he will come rushing to me and said "It is my turn!It is my turn. I want a ride too". So cute!! Then he will look at you in a way which seems as if he is crying. You can't reject a child like that. What left the most impression to me is during the "Put on your diaper time". Before they goes to bed, Steph was talking to Chris about diaper's thingy. This little Daylan suddenly ran off and went to hide himself in his room. I was puzzled so i went with him. He covered himself with his blanket while saying "I don't like diaper. Please..can i don't put on the diaper?" So funny right? I ended up telling him story about Santa Claus and naughty kids. Then he said "I hate reading. I don't like to read!" I helped him to put on his diaper and he fell asleep immediately. We went to check on him later on and i realized he slept without his pant. I was really puzzled. I remember i did helped him to put on his diaper and his pant. The problem is, we couldn't find his pant at all. I tried to lift him up, but he sat up crying and say "I pee pee at my pant so i took it off!" Oh my god, he is so cute  =))) How i miss him...
Back to Christopher again!!! This boy is rather interesting too. Apart from being smart, caring and playful, i realized he likes attention too. Both Daylan and Christopher likes piggy back. This is the first time i see him arguing with Daylan over who should get a ride first. "Give me as many rides as you can!" i can still remembered his clear little voice calling out to me. He likes to take pictures too. He specially likes me "Black and White" bangles because according to him, that's my power and he wants to surpass me. Funny little boy. I loved to play games with him because he is really fun and cool. He is the role model for his brother and sister. Whenever Daylan and Erin doesn't want to eat their porridge, the best way is to get Chris to talk to them and everything is settled. Chris told me he doesn't like porridge too. But when i told him the story of "Porridge Town", he was really excited and he asked me lots of questions regarding the story. Children will always be children. They should be treated in a proper way.

Look at that, if you asked me why i love kids, the answer is simple, and that is i have a lot to learn from them. Jesus often wished that everyone will be as pure, humble and innocent as young child. A young child have great faith in God. By spending time with kids, you can naturally learn a lot. What amazed me is that, i am generally patient with Christian kids because i don't have to teach them things for more than twice. Whenever they did something wrong, i only have to tell them ONCE, and they'll remember it. Unlike my little cousins, i tried using the soft method, but in vain. He is as naughty as ever. I am surprise at how "Mr Spoon" works well for little toddlers. ....Oh well, i am sure i have a lot to learn when i go back next year =)))) Till here...I LOVE THE KIDS....and i love my job as a baby-sitter.

PS: How are you??? It has been a while and i assume you are doing good. My babe said, if you love someone, set him free. Should i or should i not? I guess i really need an answer. It is haunting me from time to time again no matter how i occupied myself with things to do. No matter what, no one can stop me...

No comments: