Sunday, December 6, 2009

First touch of Korea's soil (Day 3)

ANNYEONG HASEYO!!This is what we always said when we met anyone in Korea. I meant they say "Annyeong Haseyo" to everyone no matter during morning, afternoon or night. Easy to remember huh?So we always shouted Annyeong haseyo to the driver and everyone else in our group. Had lots of fun on the 3rd day as we visited most places on this day due to the delayed of our plane. We are suppose to land on Jeju Island early in the morning which is the day before. But due to the delay, we have to rush to most places today (28/11/2009).

We had American Style breakfast early in the morning which is 7am(6am in Malaysia). This time, we get to know some members from our group. A pair of cute Aunty and Uncle.First, we headed to Seongsan Sunrise Peak where we were suppose to see the beautiful sunrise. But we were a bit late, so we can only see a most amazing sceneries(The whole Jeju Island). To my astonishment, we have to climb a small peak. Normally i would have given up halfway.....but i kept on saying to myself that "THIS WAS MY DREAM!!I WANTED SO MUCH TO COME TO KOREA!SO I MUSN'T GIVE UP SO EASILY!!' Fortunately, i made it. I manage to climb till the top. Give me a big clap pleaseee....and three cheers for me....
Yeah....we made it...

I felt so touched that i got to stand there, gazing and gazing at the beautiful scene..

Isn't it beautiful.....??I could have shouted out load that "I AM THE KING OF PIRATES!".hahah...i am just too engrossed with ONE PIECE.


The volcanic holes..

The feeling was great One more look at the scene...(PS:I did not upload all the pictures here.For more, you can go to my FACEBOOK account.That is the purpose for me to upload all my photo's there. Description will be in my blog.) I did not feel tired at all but i was just too excited and happy and as well as freezing cold. But who cares?I wanna try out their ice-cream. I think you can only buy this ice-cream in Jeju Island. Yes...everywhere in Jeju Island. I thought we could only eat this at Seongsan Sunrise Peak but who knows we see the same label everywhere in Jeju Island. The taste was pricess. Really good to eat it during cold days and as well as summer time. I meant to order a greentea one as i was pointing it to the lady and said "I Geo Ju Se Yo!". She said okay okay but gave me a grape flavour. Hahaha..but it was nice. Kelnice's chocolate ice-cream was great too...
We then headed to Seopjikoji, a famous shooting site for all Famous Korean Dramas (All-In, Lee Jun Ki's drama, and etc). Before i walked up the slope, i took a picture of the sea. I love the sea....especially the splashing sound of it As i go higher, i can see the rocks.... And a beautiful church..... I love Mother Mary as she looks so holy and peace...
I had chicken stick as the weather is too cold for us to jump around. Oh...by the way people, i took up jumping skill during my 8 days in Korea. It was freezing cold and i just need to jump. No wonder people said i looks like a KIDDO. hahahaah.....i'll tell you more on that later...
We went to Seongeup Folk Village, shooting site for "Da Cheong Geum".The place was great!!Very old and historical but cool....!I love the folks and everything there... This room belongs to a 90 years old grandpa.He is still very healthy and to them 90 years old is consider VERY YOUNG. Oh dear..i am reaching 20 soon and i was thinking that i don't wanna grow so old.But this grandpa is really healthy.He still can climb up the roof to do mendings and hammering.You know why he did that?Because there are some irresponsible tourist who threw a ciggarette to one of the roof and causing it to burn. I would have curse that fellow deeply... There...i did not lie. Da Cheong Geum really did filmed there.. This house was more than 300 years old. But what puzzle me the most is that i couldn't find even a door or hole that i could look through.So i can only took some pictures of it.But i really wanted to go inside...so tempting... The black pig. I saw this little black pig when i was strolling outside. Our tourguide said in a joking tone that this pig is gonna be our lunch for today. But i don't eat pigs.. Look what i was carrying??A big basket with a big bottle of wine. It was heavy even without the wine. Every Girls or ladies in olden days needed to carry this. But BOYS are not allowed to carry this. There is a saying that said if a boy(not married) carried this basket, then they won't be able to find their spouses forever. But for Married men who wanted a DIVORCE, they are welcome to carry this basket. I forgot the names to address girls, boys, married men and women. It was funny... Touch the left nose if you wanted a boy. See my ways of touching carefully. It was a sign to wish all our family members in a good health and peace to our family..!For your information, this statue is the guardian angel of Jeju Island. You can see it everywhere and anywhere in Jeju Island. True enough, we are having porks for lunch..
We went to watch a 2D,3D and 4D movie right after lunch which was exciting. But secretly, i much prefer the 4D movie in our Genting Highland.Maybe because of the story.It was not as exciting as the one we had in Malaysia. We tried out Go Kart.At first, i was like "Huh?I don't wanna play that. I am scare!" But LUCKILY, i did and i had lots of fun......!I ve given my first time to KOREA......!I drove more and more fast..........half afraid that i might fly off.....!We drove for 10 minutes.I did not buy pictures of me driving a Go Kart because i don't like the look of it. But who knows, our tourguide bought it as a present for us during our last day in Korea. I will try to show you guys the picture if possible.
Then we headed to TEDDY BEAR MUSEUM. Yes...finally.....at last i get to visit the Teddy Bear Museum. I just loved everything there. The bears are so cute. Some are branded bears.....!It was the same museum where Princess Hours was filmed there...!But mind you, the bears are seriously nice....
Me with the bear... See that Einstein bear....can you spot it?? As stated, in chinese, it is called "BING MA YONG" I meant to get my friends something from the souvenirs shop, but a bear can cost a bomb. So me and Kelnice decided to take a stroll outside and i am glad we did. There were so many creative bear statue outside.One of it was this huge bear...so dirty, so huge, so cute and so fluffy.How can they leave such bear standing outside? One of my favourite ones... BBQ-ING
Then, we headed to the GLASS CITY. I thought it would all be about making ceramics but i was wrong. This glass city is totally amazing and caught my breathe......!Everything is made of glasses.. Jack and the beanstall A korean uncle was kind enough to help us to take a picture.Actually we didn't want to take any picture but he suddenly came and took our camera, and asked us to pose. Anyway, Kamsahamnida....i did love this picture. I am dreaming to become Cinderella. Annyeong haseyo and welcome to the glass city. This smashing glass stood outside the entrance...so attractive. The Glass City
The sun says Annyeong hi gye seyo and the moon started shouting ANNYEONG....!Still, we got to travel around. We went to the Butterfly World, which once again makes our mouth open wide. I personally thought that it would be just some butterflies displaying there in a bookmark form.But who knows, there are stories through every window glasses we see...

How creative they are? I love this the best of all.....!BUGS LAND....in a theme park form.Salute and three cheers to those who created these. There is a superb mini zoo in the Butterfly World. We had this little birdie on our fingers which tickles a lot...
Before we had our dinner, we headed to Ghost Road where we learnt some physics. On this road, your car can still roll uphill even when you turned off your engine. We finds it weird and unbelievable. So we use a bottle of water to do the experiment. And it works......
We headed to our last destination in Jeju Island, which is the Halla Natural Forest. We should have come during day time because it is a place for us to enjoy the nature forest and some flower species. It is only suitable for couples to come during the night time. So we were like shouting "Mi An Hamnida" to every couples from our group. It was fun and enjoyable....

We had abalone for our dinner. Each person should have three but i only had one because i don't like the taste of ABALONE. Stupid of me right?To NOT like the taste of an abalone. But i did have their noodles and side dishes.
ONE thing i noticed about A korean during meal time is that, they must have at least 4 side dishes with a bowl of rice filling up in a tin tupperware. And they have spinach soup every night.....which is much to my liking's....
Still....I love KOREA....SARANGHEYO HAN GUK....
Do be patient with me and check out my facebook for all those pictures........Thanks and Kamsa Hamnida for sharing my journey with me....


































No comments: