Sunday, June 24, 2012

Heartwarming

I always wanted to be in a place where there are lots of children. That's why I agreed to join kids ministry when Wing first invited me to the Mother's Day event back in 2010. She hugged me before I leave Perth and whispered to my ears with tears, "I can see that you have passion in kids. Promise me that you'll join kids ministry okay?" I've been striving for it but I am sorry Wing, I can't seem to fulfill that promise yet because there's no opportunity to serve in kids ministry here :( 

Nonetheless, I found something similar to replace my passion - working in a childcare centre. It is not as easy as serving kids once a week. You have got to face them everyday and it is not easy to make them focus. Yet, I am blessed to have students who will fuss me around and they gave me hope to continue. I came back because of these children :) And God did do something great in order for me to make a come back to this job.

I have a student who always bring breakfast to the centre. And everyday I will disturb about me wanting to grab his food if he never finish it on time. One day, I realized he left his food behind and I questioned him the next day. With an impatient tone, he told me "I thought you said you haven't had breakfast?? So that's for you!!" It was heartwarming :) He was sharing his food with the other kids that day and I asked him "Where's mine?" Then he looked at his hand and said "Err...no more. Can I use these donuts to replace it?" I told him I was just joking with him but he insisted that I should take those donuts with me :)

Look at that!!! A child is always sincere and he touches my heart. Thank you so much. I will be sad when you leave the centre during August but I'll still bless you and wish you all the best in future :)

No comments: